Andrew's Reviews > Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices & Priorities of a Winning Life

Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy

U_50x66
Jul 15, 09

Read in July, 2009

I had known that Dungy was a Christian, but not to the humble extent that he presents himself in this book. As with any autobiography, I understand that Christian or non-Christian, there are always two sides to any story, but two main attractive parts about the way Dungy presents his story are:

(1) He doesn't victimize anyone in his book. He is willing to take responsibility for his mistakes in the situations where someone could have been offended or felt thrown under the bus. For example, this book is a sharp contrast to the autobiography of Sandy Weill that I just read who had proceeded to throw everyone he didn't like in his business dealings under the bus.

(2) He offers a clear contrast between trusting in God and how his life ultimately unfolded and in doing so makes it clear that it was he who was in control. I was waiting the entire book for Dungy to expound upon how easy it was with his faith, but he shows that often times it wasn't but that it was the most important part of his career progression.

Highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet Strength.