Jeanine Marie Swenson's Reviews > Mean Girls Grown Up: Adult Women Who Are Still Queen Bees, Middle Bees, and Afraid-To-Bees

Mean Girls Grown Up by Cheryl Dellasega

Jul 15, 2009

Read in January, 2006

Why do some areas of life seem like the nightmarish aspects of middle school and high school all over again? Have you ever wondered why some women, in the face of competition, regress to catty, back stabbing, ganging up and cruel behaviors toward other women? Well then, this is the book for you. Analysis can be the first step in understanding and changing behavior or at least not overpersonalizing it, and Dr. Cheryl Dellasega does a beautiful job in explaining relational aggression; that way that women hurt other women. In a clear and evidence-based book that is well-organized and has excellent stories (my highest complements), Dr. Dellasega lays out her theories in a way that is understandable yet empathetic. Maybe someday we can start leading our daughters in a different direction as a way to make the world a kinder and gentler place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mean Girls Grown Up.