Joyzi's Reviews > Marked

Marked by P.C. Cast

Oct 25, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: e-book, fiction, ya-books, reviewed, book-series, guilty-pleasures, chick-lit, contemporary-fiction, author-american, paranormal-romance
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Recommended for: Peeps who don't mind cussing and slutty characters
Read from April 30 to May 01, 2010

I was curious to read this book when I've found out that this was authored by a mother and daughter tandem. So guess what, this book is about vampires or vampyres as they called it here in the book. The difference of the vampyres here from other vampire novels out there is that they have this kind of mark or a tattoo on their forehead and that would let you know if that person is a vampire or not.

My opinion on this book is I'd like how it's written it's very informal and very teenage like. As much as I'd hate to admit it I really did enjoy the swearing and cursing in the dialogues. But I think if you're language sensitive I'd think you wouldn't like it.

So, my favorite character here is Damien, he's the gay friend of Zoey and I'd really like that he's funny(I'd really loved the way he talks and jokes). When he's conversing to his friends he uses these high falutin words and you'd definitely learn words from him. I'd also like Stevie rae, she's this country fan girl whose bestfriends with Zoey.

I love the part in the book where there have this ritual like a purification and that Zoey's friends represents the four elements. Damien was Air, Shauna was Fire, Erin was Water and Stevie rae was Earth and then Zoey was the Spirit. And then when Zoey called Damien air and then Damien called her High Priestess, I think that part was totally cute.

The ending's kinda lame though but I'm expecting that the series would get better since I'd heard good reviews with the next books in the series.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.