Sean's Reviews > A People's History of the Supreme Court: The Men and Women Whose Cases and Decisions Have Shaped Our Constitution

A People's History of the Supreme Court by Peter Irons

Sep 17, 07

bookshelves: history, law
Read in January, 2006

I bought this one at the beginning of my first semester of law school thinking it would be a good idea to get an overview of the major Supreme Court decisions, and a bonus if I got that overview from a progressive perspective.

Well, I got an overview, and from a progressive perspective as well. This is the first popular book of Supreme Court history I have read, so its hard for me to say if they are all this dryly written, but seriously, my constitutional law casebook has got more razzle dazzle.

The book is comprehensive. It covers every case you need to know about if you’re interested in individual rights from Dred Scott to Rasul v. Bush. Still, I’m a law nerd and it took me months to finally finish this one. Then again, when I get home at night the last thing I want to do is read more about interstate commerce and labor.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A People's History of the Supreme Court.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kressel Housman I'm going to quote you about that lack of rzzle-dazzle when I write my review.