Sarah's Reviews > Vince and Joy

Vince and Joy by Lisa Jewell

Jul 30, 2009

Read in July, 2009

A little bit of a strange set up.. it starts out at the end, drunkenly telling a story about an old summer romance. So you sort of already know bits of what happened (it didn't work out.. he's getting a divorce from someone else, etc). But you still have to read through and it's a bit painful at times.. You just feel so bad because there are all these missed opportunities and miserable experiences that come out of what are basically misunderstandings and 2 people being stupid and lacking any self confidence. You just want to reach in, smack them and make them work it out. Overall it was a great read. It reminded me too much of my "old summer romance" in a lot of ways (complete with missed opportunities and mutual crappy relationships). I got my happy ending, but I won't tell how this one ends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vince and Joy.

message 1: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle Another great review. But, I feel like I most def would skip it b/c it would be excruciating. Did you ever read Rachel's Holiday by Maria Keyes? I didn't check your list but I have a feeling you would like it.

Sarah i didn't, but i'll check it out.
this one is painful, but everyone sort of comes to terms with things in the end.. it wouldn't be chick lit if it didn't end with a happy ending. don't skip it based on that.. it really was super good!