karen's Reviews > Sold

Sold by Patricia McCormick

Jul 14, 09

bookshelves: mark-harmon, hoors

another book im not sure gains a lot by being written in verse, unless it is just to slow the pacing down to better appreciate the horror. the beginning pre-sale parts were very beautifully descriptive, and then after that become very unbeautifully descriptive. its a rough subject matter that doesnt get disney-fied... until the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sold.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Yes. The end. Happy joy. Not realistic.

karen america to the rescue!!

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen In the movie version, who will play America?

karen jon hamm

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Made for TV? Kirk Cameron?
in the tv version he will marry her and they will move to a gated community in the suburbs and have three children and a silver minivan. They will drive in to the city for church and she will give her inspirational message of hope to all on her goodwill booksigning tour.

karen and her mother will move in with her forever and her stepfather will lose a limb in a horrible yak accident (yakcident?)

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen That is where we come in. We will take them all to the dentist and tattoo parlor, 'cause we both know Kirk ain't big on art. And then, we will beat the stepdad with his own yakked off limb.

karen i would be willing to be in this movie, as a corpse or coma victim or anything that doesnt involve a whole lot of acting. i could be the yak in the dramatic reenactment (reenyakment) of the attack (ayyak? - i am unstoppable)like in legends of the fall.