Susan's Reviews > The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death: Reflections on Revenge, Germophobia, and Laser Hair Removal

The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro

Jul 30, 09

Read in July, 2009

You might think that I, having given this book a rating of 4 stars, think that is is great literature. It is not. However, if I limited myself to only great literature rather than including the fun and bizarre, my reading life would not be as enjoyable as it is. I admit that I chose this book, which is a collection of “Reflections on Revenge, Germophobia, and Laser Hair Removal,” because I loved the title, and I was not disappointed. I read this book during the same time period that I was reading David Cullen's Columbine, and when that book was just too much for me and I needed a break, I would pick up this. It's funny, reflective, and altogether entertaining. It does make frequent reference to various private body parts and bodily emanations, so perhaps is not the book for people who cannot read about drains backed up with poop. For me, however, it just makes me want to read her earlier books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death.