Jessica's Reviews > Eye of the Oracle

Eye of the Oracle by Bryan Davis

Jul 16, 08

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites
Recommended for: Everyone

As I closed the last page just the other day I let out a long hard sigh. Something about Eye of the Oracle really gets me thinking. The amazing power of God, and how he can take such small events, and what seems like such insignificant people and things, and turn it all out for his good, is awe inspiring. And that is what Eye of the Oracle did to me. And there is one part in the book that I especially enjoyed, when God opens Sapphira Adi's (one of the main characters) heart and shows her his mercy and love. It was beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful!
The book starts with the Flood (Noah and the Ark), goes to the Tower of Babel, then to the era of King Arthur until finally it reaches modern day. So much happens in those pages, but it's most certainly not your normal, run-of-the-mill Christian fantasy book, it's so unusual, and I think that's why makes it so wonderful to me. I've never read a fantasy (or any other fiction for that matter!) book like it. It brought me along with it, and I understood the characters, and what they were feeling and what they were going through. I felt their pain, joy and sorrow. And I loved them all for it. And the depth of the writing, it's spectacular!
People kind of raise an eyebrow at me when I say that the characters in books are some of my favorite friends, but it's true. And especially with Eye of the Oracle. Please read it. You wont' regret it!!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye of the Oracle.

Michael Jones I agree with you about Sapphira very interesting how she comes to understand Elohim

Saddleseat Sammi The part where God opens his love and meaning for Sapphira really was my favorite part of this book, and my favorite part in all the books I have read! I totally agree!

message 3: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie Hey, I'm 12 and this book sounds really good for me, would you recommend it for someone so young?

message 4: by Sophie (new) - added it

Michael Jones Boy! That depends upon your reading up to this time. I know that my 13-year-old daughter was okay with it.