Danika's Reviews > The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

2014373
Jul 13, 2009

Read in July, 2009

I adored the movie and I know that the "book versus movie" bit is always somewhat challenging, especially if one has seen the movie before reading the book. I absolutely loved this book. It was just different enough from the movie to not completely spoil the ending while being similar enough that I could better picture things as they were happening.

It was definitely more interesting to be in Andrea's head and reading about her rationalizations for everything. I especially thought the differences between movie-Lily/Alex and book-Lily/Alex were great. The reasoning behind Andrea's eventual quitting was completely different from one medium to the next. I preferred the book's reason and way it was done; it also led to a different outcome of how Miranda saw Andrea. In the movie we get that closure. In the book we get the closure only in that you see the cycle begin anew, this time with a wiser Andrea looking in from the outside on the poor new assistant.

All in all, I loved this book and I recommend it for anyone who is a fan of the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil Wears Prada.