Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)'s Reviews > Rebecca

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebecca.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (last edited Jul 15, 2009 05:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan I really enjoyed this book, very atmospheric and very clever of du Maurier to make Rebecca such a presence and she isn't there! Have read it many times over the years. Remember doing a book report on it in 9th grade.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) That's good to hear. I enjoyed the film by Hitchcock. I'll give it a read in the hopefully near future. I'll probably read Jamaica Inn first though.

Susan Be warned, the movie version is different from the book, though I enjoyed the movie, too!

Never read Jamaica Inn. Listened to Frenchman's Creek and that was good. There was a PBS production made a little while back which I thought was good. Starred Tara Fitzgerald.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I hope the book is a little better. On recent viewing I found The Second Mrs. DeWinter a bit too passive for my taste.

message 5: by Leah (new) - added it

Leah The second Mrs. de Winter *is* (almost annoyingly) passive for most of her story arc. But don't let that dissuade you from placing Rebecca closer to the top of your TBR pile. :)