AdultFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > The Rook

bookshelves: fantasy, sci-fi, funny
Read in January, 2013

TCL Call number: SF O”MALLEY D
Stephanie’s rating: 5 stars

As of lately I have found myself reading books based in the UK. This is not on purpose. I just find the stories interesting…and also the covers. So when I first discovered this book and read the cover flap I said to myself, “this sounds awesome!” I flipped the book over, read the reviews and loved how everyone described it as a hilarious and ingenious story. One reviewer toted that it was “part Bourne Identity, part X-Men,…with a hefty dose of Monty Python.” Chirpy enough? Well maybe the fact that the book has a trailer online will motivate you to check it out OR that Myfawny Thomas wakes up in the middle of a park where several bodies are laying dead AND on top of that she has no recollection of who she is; soon thereafter she finds out that she works for a top secret British agency. EXCITING!!! I’m very glad I stumbled upon this book :) It’s quite amusing. I’ve discovered that while reading “The Rook” I read in a British accent too! It just happened. I don’t even know how. It could be YOU next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rook.

06/04/2013 marked as: read