Alicia's Reviews > V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

Jul 26, 09

bookshelves: graphic-novels, personal-favs
Recommended for: Everyone (mature readers)
Read in July, 2009, read count: 1

This book has made me think about everytime I, or anyone else, has ever said, "I'm not into politics." Although I haven't used that phrase since a time when I was too ignorant to really understand what I was saying, this book made me realize that no one should ever - regardless of age or whatever - feel that politics should be left up to everyone else.

I haven't read many graphic novels, so I can't comment too much on the graphics or anything like that. I only know what I like, so I can say that I felt that it was well-written and not too wordy, and I felt the graphics flowed well with the story. I also felt like the story wasn't rushed, which is something I've noticed with other graphic novels. The only problem I had was that it was sometimes (as I believe another reviewer stated) difficult at times to distinguish one dark-haired male character from another because of a lack of detail in some of the pictures.

I definitely feel like this is something that every person should read at least once, regardless of if you're into graphic novels or not. Living in a democratic nation, I think that sometimes people tend to take for granted things that people of the past have worked so hard for, and I feel this book would be a good reminder of everything we could be giving up and getting ourselves into everytime the phrase "I'm not into politics" is said.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read V for Vendetta.