Amanda's Reviews > Holidays Are Hell

Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison

Jul 20, 09

bookshelves: fantasy-magic, fiction, mystery-suspense, read-in-2009, vampire-books, authors-kim-harrison
Read in July, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I only read the first story by Kim Harrison in this book so I could prepare for Book 7 of the Hallows series. Although I may go back and read the Lyndsay Sands piece, her books sound interesting.

Finding out about Rachel's past was very mind-opening. I knew she was sick as a child but I had no idea how affected she was, as late as 18 years-old. It really explains where she got her drive to always push harder and longer to succed. And you can also see the beginnings of how powerful she is going to be, and how good at her job. Her skills as a quick thinker and able to stay calm in hectic situations shine through. Even her little spark with Pierce shows a bit of her to come, intrigued by someone she can't (or shouldn't)have.

Also was great to see Robbie and how he fit into Rachel's life. I expect we will see some of him in book #7 now that Rachel knows the truth about her birth father.

Will be interesting to see how this new insight works into the next book of the series, her relationship with her mother and how she handles being a student of a demon.

And I wouldn't mind seeing Pierce again...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holidays Are Hell.