Gina's Reviews > Night Child

Night Child by Jes Battis

Jul 12, 2009

bookshelves: own, action, mystery, paranormal-supernatural, romantic-suspense, suspense
Read in July, 2009 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Definitely well worth the read. I'm working off of Kathleen (Burket's) review (of Night Child), as she said everything I wanted to say, LOL, and I don't need to repeat it all.

I liked Tess right off the bat. I think, mostly, because she reminds me of myself. I very much liked her sarcastic nature, and the relationship she has with Derrick, her best friend. I think both, but mostly Tess, are/is very much underestimated by her peers. Very much the underdog, and I cheered her on from beginning to ending.

Feeling responsible for a girl they saved, Mia, Tess's determination to protect her is very strong, and portrays to the reader very well. Tess goes above and beyond, and I'd love to have a woman like that at my back. But for all her bravado, she seems very much like your average, everyday woman. And that's what makes her likable. She pushes, even when higher-ups push back, she pushes.

Definitely kudos to Sue for nominating this one. I'm not sure where you heard of her Sue (Miller), but thank you! I plan on getting the second book for October, which is my paranormal month and I usually read nothing but. Definitely worth continuing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Child.

07/27/2009 page 18