Meagan's Reviews > The Knight of the Sacred Lake

The Knight of the Sacred Lake by Rosalind Miles

Aug 12, 09

bookshelves: read-in-2009, historical-fiction, arthurian
Read in August, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed this book, it had a completely different tone from the first novel which made it highly enjoyable. The first novel I struggled to finish but this one at times I couldn't get myself to put it down. There just seemed like so much going on that from one chapter to the nother I couldn't put it down or know what was going to happen next.

I really enjoyed Lancelot and the Lady of Asolot. It's one of my favorite tales and I loved to see it play out in this book. Especially with Lancelots thoughts instead of just Elaines. It was almost a kindred love. I did find it really annoying though how Guenevere reaction to it all though, but she had her mind set and wouldn't budge. Which made her and Lancelots reunion all that much sweeter.

It was really enjoyable to have all of the different 'point of views' in this novel. They all held their own voice which almost changed the tone of the entire novel when that specific person was talking, like Morgan Le Fay and The Father Abbot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knight of the Sacred Lake.

07/20/2009 page 1