Cecile's Reviews > Wolfblade

Wolfblade by Jennifer Fallon

Dec 17, 11

bookshelves: english, fantasy
Read from November 26 to December 16, 2011 — I own a copy

I finished the previous trilogy of The Hythrun Chronicles some months ago, but didn't start right away with this one. It's probably better this way, because this story actually takes place about a generation before The Demon Child Trilogy, with some of the characters we already know at a younger age or about to be born.

It's certainly interesting to see where some of them came from, what they were like and how they came to become what they are. If only the author had stuck to fewer points of view. Because this is a good story, unfortunately hampered by too many different points of view, not all of them very interesting. Some chapters could as easily have been seen from the eyes of more interesting characters. I would have preferred to see more of Marla, or Wrayan, and I regret we don't get to know Laran more. And more importantly I would have preferred a smoother storyline, with less jumps for one character to another, and less gaps in the time-line.

I'll find out in the next book if it gets better.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolfblade.

12/10/2011 page 309
48.0% "A good story hampered by too many different points of view, not all of them very interesting."