Bobby's Reviews > The Martian Child: A Novel About A Single Father Adopting A Son

The Martian Child by David Gerrold

Jul 11, 09

Read in July, 2009

David Gerrold calls his book a novel. I would like to suggest that he wrote a memoir instead. He definitely touched me. I know this kid, his martian child. I know this kid well. I spent 16 years of my life, more actually when adding volunteer work and additional contacts, with this kid. My martian came in all shapes and sizes and displayed multiple behaviors, but I cared for this kid so tenderly. While I can provide individual names and tell kids stories, I must admit I loved collectively, and truly admire David Gerrold, who adopted his martian, loving day and night, uniquely and individually. It is David Gerrold, not I, who made a real difference. Certainly, I hope that for many, I was part of a process. However, I loved hearing David's voice. The daddy who followed through with all that was taught to allow him to continue the process, yet never lost himself, although he gave himself wholly as any parent filled with love and attachment. I admire and thank David Gerrold for writing his book, for sharing and revealing his heart.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Martian Child.