Tamora Pierce's Reviews > Kitty Takes a Holiday

Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn

Jul 11, 09

bookshelves: adult, contemporary, fantasy
Read in July, 2009

Needing a break after the cataclysmic events of KITTY GOES TO WASHINGTON, Kitty has retreated to a wilderness cabin with a book contract, leaving her radio show in repeats while she listens to a show by a wannabe and grinding her teeth. She doesn't know what she wants to do. When someone local--she thinks--begins to place curse signs on her cabin, she learns that local law enforcement is not inclined to help, unless she asks them to help her pack. Then Cormac arrives with a badly hurt Ben, and everything goes downhill, with Native American magic, Wicca, folk magic, and the development of weres thrown in.

I liked this least of the three I've read so far--so much doom and gloom, with little of the zest that was in the first book, or the humor. I'll try a fourth book because the first two were fun reads, but if I want dark and doom, I'll watch the news from Iran. (Hey, wait--I do watch the news from Iran.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty Takes a Holiday.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michele Oh, I wish I had read this before I bought the book I read the Kitty books for their lightness.

Cynthia Armistead They don't get much lighter again, honestly. But there are lighter moments in every book, if that helps?

If you keep reading, make sure you also have the next volume in hand before you read the one set in Vegas.

Michele Cyn wrote: "They don't get much lighter again, honestly. But there are lighter moments in every book, if that helps?

I try to keep the next copy of what ever series I am reading if at all possible.

Thanks.

VMom I just finished this. I am so bummed at Cormac's fate.