Amanda's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Mar 07, 13

bookshelves: set-series, reviewed, bookshelf-read, young-adult
Recommended to Amanda by: ME
Recommended for: TO EVERYONE
Read from January 23 to 25, 2010 — I own a copy

Shiver will grab you by the heart and as you read it, everything falls away but the words and the story and melody that those amazing unforgettable words play for you as you read. I have read many well written books but nothing as powerfully well written as this one. I can’t say it enough how beautiful this story was from its amazing detail down to its simple yet complicated love story of Sam and Grace. That to me felt like the soft tones of an epic love story. Each character was alive in my head and you could feel the fear, the anger, sadness, and pure bliss each felt. I loved this story. And I want to leave my review and angst filled wait for Linger to be released with my favorite line of the whole story and the first line as well… “I remember lying in the snow, a small red spot of warm going cold, surrounded by wolves.”
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Maggie Stiefvater
“What do you eat?"
"Baby bunnies." She narrowed her eyes, so I grinned and said, "Adult bunnies, too. I'm an equal-opportunity bunny-eater.”
Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

Maggie Stiefvater
“Sam: “You—you greatly overestimate my self-control.”
Grace: “I’m not looking for self-control.”
Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

01/24/2010 page 176
45.13% "I Remember lying in the snow, as small red spot of warm going cold... GEEZ the Entire book is full of these beautiful words."
01/24/2010 page 300
76.92% "GRACE and SAM... They are so cute..."
01/25/2010 page 320
82.05% "OH NO SAM!!!"
01/25/2010 page 392
100% "I WANT BOOK TWO NOW!!!"