Jackie's Reviews > Daemon's Mark

2195441
Jun 18, 10

bookshelves: read-2010
Read from June 16 to 18, 2010

I did not even notice until finished that the book blurb for this book was actually the back cover blurb for Witchcraft, that is one of the things I learned. (Means am not very observant I guess)

Luna Wilder has outdone herself in this story, she manages to somehow come out alive again despite all the odds against her! I truly believe at this point that if it were up to me, I think she would be a goner in the first few pages. I have somehow lost most of my earlier empathy for the character, read the other day where someone else had put her on their heroine list of females TSTL and think maybe am starting to agree with that theory at times !!!

The story was a thrill ride, but did not have the same punch in the gut for me as the first 4 so it leaves me with mixed feelings. I was however kept guessing all the way to the end on the villian, the byplay between Luna and Will Fagin was just not as dynamic as that between her and Dimitri in past encounters and there was a slightly choppy feel at times that somewhat took away from the momentum. I did enjoy the way all the loose ends tied up, even the fact that in researching the series it appears we are now at an end. If so than so be it, if not cannot wait to see what kind of hair raising escapades are written for Luna by Caitlin Kittredge in the next book if there are any more!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daemon's Mark.

Kelly I've just noticed the book blurb is the same as witchcraft on my copy too.

Jackie Kelly wrote: "I've just noticed the book blurb is the same as witchcraft on my copy too."

Collector book edition Kelly as this was an error and author has since corrected and the book cover was fixed. Wish I still had my entire series but lost the books (and many many others) in last years wildfires when our home burned.