Louise's Reviews > While My Sister Sleeps

While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky

Jul 10, 09

bookshelves: women-s-fiction
Read in July, 2009

Now this was a gripping story!!

"Molly and Robin Snow are sisters, and like all sisters they share a deep bond that sustains them through good times and bad. Their careers are flourishing-Molly is a horticulturist and Robin is a world-class runner-and they are in the prime of their lives. So when Molly receives the news that Robin has suffered a massive heart attack, she couldn't be more shocked. At the hospital, the Snow family receives a grim prognosis: Robin may never regain consciousness.

As Robin's parents and siblings struggle to cope, the complex nature of the relationship is put to the ultimate test. Molly has always lived in Robin's shadow, and her feelings for her have run the gamut, from love to resentment and back. The last time they spoke, they argued. But now there is so much more at stake. Molly's parents fold under the devastating circumstances, and her brother retreats into the cool reserve that is shattering his own family. It's up to Molly to make the tough decisions, and she soon makes discoveries that destroy some of her most cherished beliefs about the sister she thought she knew".

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While My Sister Sleeps.