Evangeline's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Aug 21, 09

bookshelves: blogreads
Read in August, 2009

Just Between You and Me is a perfect example of what women’s fiction is supposed to be—moving, meaningful, and freaking hilarious.

From the get-go, I was in love with the author’s style, her stellar one-liners, the expertly woven threads of tension, and the sizzling romance.

Maggie Montgomery is a cinematographer who’s not afraid of anything—except going home. But when a family crisis has her cooling her heels in her hometown of Ivy, Texas, Maggie must face her demons and the reality behind her own façade.

I especially loved Maggie’s fight or flight tendencies and how they played out as the author unfolds the story. Readers are allowed to see through Maggie’s responses to the hidden depths they come from, and the result is a three-dimensional character you can’t help rooting for.

The secondary characters in this novel are expertly drawn as well. Particularly, Riley, Maggie’s neglected ten-year-old niece. I could see her hardened little face and hear her angry words. And, as in the real world, there are no pat solutions for wounded people, but that doesn’t mean there’s no hope.

Jenny B. Jones weaves a poignant tale full of delectable dialogue, believable situations, and toe-curling romantic tension. I highly recommend this book for lovers of women’s fiction. You will not be disappointed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.