Sskous's Reviews > The Whole Truth

The Whole Truth by David Baldacci

U 50x66
Jul 10, 2009

did not like it

I finished this book only because I started it on an airplane and couldn't find an alternative. After a few chapters it became a little interesting as a story line, but it really was very disappointing ~ especially the writing. I've never found Baldacci to be a very good writer. There's always some clumsiness in the narrative, though the dialog is usually decent and the story line suspenseful and believable. This time, however, it was very poor across the board. The characterization of Katie was pretty good, but the determining factor of her character was so poorly described, so inadequate that she was a little unbelievable; Frank's character made an abrupt switch showing a humane side for no ostensible reason ~ perhaps people are just supposed to change when something bad happens to someone they hate? I don't think so. Or, he didn't hate him? not really? too sloppy. Worse still, the idea that an arms merchant is inherently evil while deluding both himself and the rest of the world ~ how trite, how uninspired, how easy, how p.c. Frankly, I'm almost sorry that I finished it now that I think about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whole Truth.