Joyzi's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Dec 25, 10

bookshelves: e-book, fantasy, fiction, ya-books, reviewed, chick-lit, vampires, book-series, author-american, paranormal-romance
Recommended to Joyzi by: Dara
Recommended for: Fans of Vampire Academy
Read on July 01, 2009

At first I was frustrated because it was really confusing and ridiculous with this Mason's ghosts and these things about a secret group circulating the Moroi students. It felt like it didn't make sense and in the end it's like it's connected to the plot with this shadow-kiss explanation and like magic contradicting the wards and stuff.I kinda don't understand the explanation and really confused me.

However the parts that I really like was the Rose-Christian Moroi-Dhampir partnership whith this Field Experience going on inside their campus. Well it's really nice since I like them together and I really like Christian and thank god it's not Lissa because I hate her because she's a boring character for me. Eddie what can I say I really like him in this one he's really changed and he's like very good at fighting and that was just good for him.

Like in frostbite, Rose and Christian once again team up to fight these evil Strigois that had entered their Academy and it was really awesome. I was like happy again, since Christian was really using his fire and then the Strigois got distracted and then Rose will stake them. They're really an ideal team to fight these Strigois.

And then at the end, shocker, Dimitri became Strigoi! I supposed it's really sad and heartbreaking when Rose was like "We need to go back, Dimitri's in there! He's not dead" well it's really sad at that point but nah it didn't make me cry. Though that was a good twist in the story I wonder if Dimitri's would die and be killed by Rose in the end with upcoming books in future. Surprisingly I felt liking and pity to Adrian, I like him more than Dimitri. Definitely the ending when Rose left the Academy and Lissa and like ranting at her that she have to put herself first now and she's done being a shadow and her taking control over her life, I think that was brilliant.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Julie love that part too moroi and dhampir tandem esp. rose and christian cute and funny ^^

comrade's turned to STRIGOI *sobs*

Joyzi yeah Julie but I was really apathetic about it, I don't cry at that part

Julie huhuhu joyzi how mean of you! hahahaha, heartbreaking din yung part ni adrian at rose :c