Lu (Sugar & Snark)'s Reviews > Evermore

2049296
Jul 09, 11

Read from July 03 to 09, 2011

Rating 8/10

To be honest I didn't think there was an unique Paranormal story left out there. I was proven wrong. Sure there are a few things you have seen before but Alyson Noel puts a terrific spin on things!

Damen isn't a vampire, nor was he bitten, turned or made into an Immortal. But I won't spoil how he became Immortal. He is witty, creepy at times and a great character!

Ever is moody, self-blaming and full of fire! She doesn't trust easily and she doesn't fall swooning into Damen's arms, which I liked! She is also Psychic which means she can get a read on people, see aura's and communicate with her dead sister Riley. She is clearly in pain over the loss of her entire family and you can't help but feel for her.

Death is a major factor in the book and I commend Alyson Noel for taking on such a big theme and incorporating it into her novel.

There are also some great minor characters, Haven, Miles and Riley! They are all so different and you can't help but warm to each of them.

I was surprised, enthralled and entertained. You will get frustrated at Ever, fear Damen and eventually fall in love with him.

If you like Paranormal and Young Adult then this is the book for you!

Now for those who have read it:

I actually found it amusing that Damen knew all those famous people. And I was even afraid of him at some point. When he made Ever forget the whole Haven situation I was sure he was "bad" and would end up killing her.

When Ever forgave herself for the accident, I thought it was a really beautiful moment. I don't think Drina needed to be the cause of it. Ever already got to where she needed to be, without having to blame Drina.

I was truly heartbroken when Riley said goodbye but I found out that Riley's story doesn't end here, but continues in the Riley Bloom Spin-off Series. This is very exciting, and I'll definitely check it out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

Quotes Lu (Sugar & Snark) Liked

Alyson Noel
“Well, for that matter, I was also a good friend of Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Francis Bacon, Albert Einstein, and John, Paul, George, and Ringo." He pauses, seeing the blank look on my face and groaning when he says, "Christ, Ever, the Beatles!" He shakes his head and laughs. "God, you make me feel old.”
Alyson Noel, Evermore