Jessika's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Jul 09, 2009

bookshelves: series, favorites, fiction, young-adult, fantasy
Read in July, 2009 , read count: 1

Well, I've finally finished the Twilight saga. Once again, this book gets five stars because I honestly did not want to put it down. This book probably ranks as my least favorite out of the series, but only for the fact that although I'm very partial to happy endings, the loose ends tied up so neatly in this one that it felt kind of fake. I loved reading from Jacob's point-of-view. I really wish she would do a book or two from him. This book, out of all of them, I would hold off giving to a younger girl. Bella's hormones rage in this one, and I think it would give the wrong impression to a lot of younger girls. I enjoyed how the action with the Volturi, etc. held up right until the end, and it was interesting to get to see vampires outside of the Cullens and the Volturi.

Overall, I'd have to say that I'm satisfied with how it ended. I know I'll always want more from the characters, but the end felt like it ended where it should have. I'm content with it. I'm not yearning for more answers (okay, I am, but I mean that I feel okay putting this series down now).

I know that there will always be people who will argue with me to the moon and back, but I enjoyed this story, the whole thing. I never thought I'd say this, but applauds to Stephenie Meyer for telling me an engrossing story that I didn't want to put down.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

07/10/2009 page 75
9.92% "Off to a good start!"
07/10/2009 page 206
27.25% "Okay. I LOVE reading from Jacob's point of view. And I'm betting I know who he'll imprint with...:)"
07/11/2009 page 367
48.54% "I KNEW IT! Yesss I was totally right about Jacob :D"
07/14/2009 page 540
71.43% "Everything seems to be wrapping up. As much as I love this series, I think this is my least favorite one."
07/14/2009 page 629
83.2% "The action's picked up. I'm anxious to see how this will end...will it leave resolution or dissatisfaction?"