Risa's Reviews > Zen to Done

Zen to Done by Leo Babauta

Jul 30, 09

bookshelves: serve-with-espresso, to-read

ok, i am a fan of Merlin Mann and the whole hPDA phenom and ZTD is an extension of that whole thing. It's for those who burst into happy tears when Moleskine releases a new color. And....eventhough it is highly embarassing to be a fan of any so-call "productivity system"- let me say this- it is great if you have ever suffered a head injury and-- it has a huge following by those of the DIY inclination and those that are basically stupid and need help-- something for everyone! Really.

I am not saying that the real value of any business-y type book that advocates certain ways of productivity is purely for the head-injured and the insipid/stupid; I can imagine it as a helpful aid for those who smoked way too much pot in college, are ADHD, and those who seriously infuriate their spouses because they cannot get their shit together from day to day and need to make some kind of monumental maritial comeback. And for the head injured.

I would also check out the author's website, which I have been reading as of late. He gives really simple helpful advice that truthfully, a lot of people who been bombarded by modern culture need and he is good at it, receptive and responsive to his site visitors. Very nice that you can read his book and hear from him as well in the comments on his site.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zen to Done.