Beth's Reviews > How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life

How Successful People Think by John C. Maxwell

Jul 27, 09

Read in July, 2009

Well, this one was a great disappointment! The book was infinitely boring. I'm not sure if it was the reader, Chris Sorensen, who made it that way, or it was just the material - I'm leaning towards the material. The author is a pastor, which may explain part of thepreachiness of the text, but does not make it acceptable.

The author was also a conceited prick! He constantly talked about how he ran so many companies, blah, blah. I wanted to smack him! He also mentioned how smart he was to "take advantage" of 9/11 to get half-priced tickets to The Producers and a great deal on a hotel room! How insensitive can you get?!

He obviously has no clue as to how normal people live because he mentioned Merck as an example of unselfishness for giving away 250 million tablets of one of their drugs. No, really. Um, did he check out how much those pills cost the company? And it's probably a drop in the bucket of their multi billion dollar annual profit. And he considers them so saintly! Ha!

If it hadn't been only three discs I would have given up after disc one. This is obviously intended for an upper middle class male audience, just like the author himself. I cannot recommend this to anyone. At all. Ever. Just skip right over it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Successful People Think.