FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Lover Enshrined

Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward

On re-reading this book, I found that I enjoyed it more than the first time around. I think part of it was I invested more in the character of John and his cohorts knowing that John had his own book that I would be reading shortly. When I first read the BDB series, I was really bored by the young warrior’s stories, so it almost felt like I was reading their story for the first time when re-reading. I found Qhuinn’s character to be especially interesting this time around, and I paid a lot more attention to the details of his situation.

Even with my stronger interest in the book, I can’t say that I loved the entire story. I didn’t feel connected to the relationship between Phury and the Chosen, probably because it didn’t get a large focus of the story. At least, that’s what I thought the first time I read the book. On re-reading it, I was kind of glad their relationship didn’t get more time because I wasn’t crazy about the pairing anyway. Speaking of Phury, the whole wizard thing was just silly to me. I listened to the audiobook this time around, and every time the British accent voice came out I questioned what the author was thinking. The Princess and Rehv scene was really messed up. I re-read that section of the book with a lot of trepidation. I didn’t enjoy reading it the first time, nor did I enjoy reading it on a second read. As a final thought, Mr. D was just dumb, and I found him to be very boring in comparison to some of the previous fore-lessors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Enshrined.

05/05/2010 page 1
0.19% "Re-read to see if my feelings have changed about the book from one year ago..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

new_user John and co were the reason to read this one. I didn't like the wizard either. Lame, imo. As to the Princess scene, I guess it's just as well you were disturbed since that's the intention, but I hope that didn't mar your enjoyment of Avenged then.

FlibBityFLooB It definitely marred my enjoyment the first read of Lover Avenged, NU. We'll see how I feel on my re-read of it this time :)

new_user Hmm, well, she's supposed to be his taskmaster, the ball and chain, etc. so in that sense Ward succeeds. It feels good when he overcomes her and she gets her comeuppance, no?

FlibBityFLooB I remember I gave LA 2 stars last time, I'm anticipating I will enjoy it more this time... Yes, comeuppance is a good thing-- and a FUN word! WHEEEE :)

new_user LOL! Indeed. G'luck! LOL.