Kelley Anne's Reviews > Pursuit of Honor

Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn

Oct 19, 09

bookshelves: 2009, action, audiobooks, vince-flynn
Read in October, 2009

Another fantastic Vince Flynn book! This is the 10th book in the Mitch Rapp series. In this one, Rapp is focused on finding the terrorists that planned and executed the attacks from book 9. At the same time, has has to deal with a few lose strings on the home front as well.

One of the things that I love about Vince Flynn is how he will jump from Mitch's perspective to the perspective of the terrorists. It's interesting to see how he believes their minds work! There wasn't as much action in this book as most of the previous ones. But there was a great view of the psychology of living the type of life that Mitch does. In the last books, Mike Nash was shown just as much as Mitch. And while I loved seeing how someone doing the job that they do handles going home to a wife and kids, I was worried that the series was going to vear too much towards Nash. He's a great character, but nobody can compare to Rapp for me! Luckily, after this book, I don't think that's going to be the case any more. While we definetly saw Nash in this book, he wasn't really the main focus this time.

I did find myself laughing several times (especially towards the end) as Rapp did things to other people that he personally would never tolerate! He is a bit of a hypocrite at times. Without giving anything away, I'll just say that towards the end of the book one of the characters was put into a situation that was very similar to a situation that Rapp was in during an earlier book. When Mitch was in that situation, he flat out refused to step back and let anyone call the shots but him. This time, he refused to let the other character take the lead, and again flat out refused to let anyone else call the shots! I guess that attitude is probably one of the things that I love about Rapp!

Great book! As a side note, the audio book was fantastic. This series is one of my favorites to listen to!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pursuit of Honor.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Steven Hummer I really like the audiobooks great narrator. I'm half blind so I have a bunch of audiobooks loaded to my iPod you gotta love Mitch Rapp's books! :) enjoy

Kelley Anne I agree! They are great to listen to! I can listen to audiobooks while I work. I find myself forgetting to take my breaks when I'm listening to Vince Flynn! The books just pull me in so much that time flys.