Erin's Reviews > The Dragon Keeper

The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb

F_50x66
Jul 08, 09

I have read the Liveship Traders and the Farseer trilogies. They might be improved in small ways but they were generally really good.

This book sucked. Three quarters of it could be removed and it wouldn't affect the story too much. The things with Sedric and Hess and Alise ... it seemed so cheap, their stories were more worthy of Mills and Boon than a serious author. None of the characters felt very real.

In the other series, the world had a nice haunting feeling of there being deep layers to it that you are waiting to find out more about. This one just milks the surface of the established world and offers nothing new whatsoever. The dragons weren't even really interesting - we learn nothing new about them, just a rehash of what we already knew from the little tantalising glimpses of Tintaglia from the Liveship Traders.

No way will I be wasting money on the later books, I MIGHT read them when they are in the library, perhaps in the summer holidays if I really have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Keeper.