Michelle's Reviews > On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison

Jul 08, 09

bookshelves: 2009, pure-comedy, ya
Recommended for: the georgia crew
Read in July, 2009

I hereby admit that I am a fan-girl of Georgia Nicolson.

Once again, Georgia did not disappoint. This second book in Louise Rennison's all too funny series about young Georgia Nicolson - British teenager extraordinaire - was perfect. It picks up just after she has discovered that Vati (her father) will be moving her family to Kiwi-a-gogo Land (New Zealand) and thus her life is effectually over. After snagging (and snogging) the Sex God (aka Robbie) in the previous book, Georgia is still up to her old tricks - figuring out new ways to annoy her teachers, avoiding Wet Lindsay, and trying to figure out exactly what a boy means by "I'll see you later."? I really don't know how she gets into the messes she does but I can't help but enjoy every minute of her crazy life.

Georgia's life is detailed in irreverent diary entries where she honestly lays down the good, the bad, and the ugly of teendom without ever becoming preachy or campy. She is completely self-centered but still entirely lovable in the way only teenagers can be. I love the scrapes she gets into and I love, love how she tries to explain new concepts to her friends. I about split my shorts laughing when she tried to explain to the Ace gang how Dave the Laugh will become her Red Herring. Fabbity fab fab.

All I can say is Louise Rennison should be very careful to not be drinking anything while she comes up with some of the stuff Georgia gets herself into. I know from sad experience it shouldn't be attempted.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God.