Sari's Reviews > Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen: How One Girl Risked Her Marriage, Her Job, and Her Sanity to Master the Art of Living

Julie and Julia by Julie Powell

Jul 20, 09

Read in July, 2009

I enjoyed this book but I don't think it was exactly what I thought it was going to be. It was a quick and easy read, and Julie Powell has a talent for telling a story, that's for sure. I think that her project was a terrific idea.

I heard about this book when it first came out but didn't read it until this month, after seeing a commercial for the movie. I should have read it before that because I kept having Amy Adams and Meryl Streep in my head the entire time I was reading - and I have to admit, while reading the book, I kept thinking "Wow, is Amy Adams going to say THAT? What kind of rating is this film getting, anyway?" I guess as a mom, I'm a bit more careful about my language, so that was a bit off-putting for me. It's not that I don't think some of the things Julie's saying, I guess I just don't think them quite so much.

I did enjoy reading of her struggles to work with her kitchen and around her work issues. Her friends were a colorful bunch as well.

After reading the book, I'm sure Julie would just tell me (with a smile) to get the (bleep!) over it and get on with things, so I will.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Julie and Julia.