Maria's Reviews > Fortune's Fool

Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey

Apr 07, 07

bookshelves: fantasy, memorable-favorite
Recommended for: people who enjoy fairy tales with a twist... or not... fantasy readers in general

I just finished this book today after... borrowing it from the library today. I'm rather depressed now that I'm finished with it. I enjoyed it so much!

Mercedes Lackey writes so that you end up loving the characters as they go on with their stories. This book is part of the Five Hundred Kingdoms series, but you don't have to read it in order. They are all standalone novels bound together by a similar world and occasional visits from other characters. As a person who's followed the series from its inception (I admit, I love Mercedes Lackey's books), the cross-overs of characters is extremely nice. :D There are parts in this book that make me laugh out loud... or at least smile to myself. And that's what really matters.

A book ought to have action, adventure, comedy, and a happy ending. :D I'm such a sap.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fortune's Fool.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Joseph "There are parts in this book that make me laugh out loud... or at least smile to myself. And that's what really matters.

A book ought to have action, adventure, comedy, and a happy ending."

I agree with you 100%! :-) I had so much fun reading this one, I can't wait to read more from the series.