Penelopeb's Reviews > Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg

U_50x66
May 27, 13

I have very mixed feelings about this book. First off, I didn't have the urge to shoot the main character halfway through the book, like I do in many others. I did find myself urging her not to do something, but usually she would be relatively smart. Also, some of the descriptions were rather accurate, especially of some of the elements of high school like first date jitters.

There is also the whole Pageant side of the book.

Personally, I just took it as it came, seeing as the only way I've ever heard about pageants is through Toddlers and Tiaras, but I'm probably like most other people and think that if that's what the kids want to do with their lives, than they can go ahead and do it, but if they don't want to, then it's a horrible thing for parents to make them do.

Now getting into the parts that I didn't like.

Please keep in mind that I'm a high schooler, so most if not all of this is going to be about the aspect of her high school life, since I'm neither a parent or part of pageants.

Anyway, so I was instantly attracted to this book since I thought Lexi was a perfect description of me: good personality, but average, not skinny but not fat, aspiring fashionista, blends into the background, chokes up whenever she talks to the guy she likes, little self confidence. The difference: when she puts on makeup and shows a bit more skin, she's an instant hottie, getting all this attention and boys liking her, and all of the girls jealous, and has killer confidence. When I put on makeup and actually try on my clothes: I'm still plain old me, insecure as always (especially if I'm showing more skin) and there don't seem to be any boys or people whatsoever checking me out as I walk down te hall. Maybe it's just me, but some aspect of that does not seem right.

I really liked a lot of the characters, but it did make me a bit upset when the mom was characterized as fat, disgusting, mean, evil, depressed, divorced and neglecting.

This book was okay overall, but there were a few points in it that I didn't really like and weren't nessecarily realistic. The end was somewhat disappointing, but I felt it was right for the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality.

05/27/2013 marked as: read