LiteraryLover's Reviews > Beyond the Highland Mist

Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 24, 16

liked it
bookshelves: fairies, historical-romance, magic, paranormal, romance, men-in-kilts, time-travel, heroine-is-annoying
Read from January 29 to 30, 2010

For a book by Karen Marie Moning I was a little disappointed. I think my expectations were too high after reading all the good reviews on this book. Not to say that it was necessarily bad, I just expected to be blown over and I wasn't. It was a good start for a new series though and there were things about it that I liked. I liked the hero and his friends and family a lot. I thought the plot was pretty interesting. However I didn't connect to the heroine a lot. I could understand why she acted the way she did, but not for as long as she did. I was also frustrated that it took until the last third of fourth part of the book before the couple really got together. I also thought for a hero with supposedly some unsurpassed skills in the bedroom I felt like those scenes were mostly just skipped over which was disappointing. I did enjoy the book as a whole however even with it's faults. I think I just expected more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Highland Mist.

Brittany Great book!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I had been warned about the first 3 books, but since I owned them, I decided to go ahead and read them. This one was ok... I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it, either.

It seems we felt the same way about the book.