Esther's Reviews > The Actor and the Housewife

The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale

Jul 18, 09

Read in July, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I was excited to read another book by one of my favorite authors-Shannon Hale. I started feeling uncomfortable with it very early on and after talking with Alyssa who was further along with it decided to read the last 3 pages (which I usually don't do)and then flipped through it here and there...I didn't read anymore. The book is basically about an emotional affair (just as devastating as a physical affair...I've unfortunately seen it time and time again as a therapist) between the married housewife and a famous actor. Conveniently the housewife's husband dies and in the end she does not hook up with her best friend the actor which you would think would make it all okay but it does not. It doesn't make any sense that after all that, she would not get with her best friend whom she loves and it seems to rationalize that all that came before, was okay..."see we were just friends the whole time" when it still isn't okay.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Actor and the Housewife.