Nick Black's Reviews > Elements of Programming

Elements of Programming by Alexander Stepanov

Jan 01, 2011

bookshelves: autographed, pimpin-aint-easy-but-computers-are, likely-reread, textbook-as-literature, will-review-realsoonnow, read-multiple-times
I own a copy , read count: 2

did i never review this??! i thought for sure i had! oh man this is the book god read before he coded the universe. sloooow going, but don't be daunted.
---
Amazon 2009-07-07. I'm looking forward to this being the most exciting thing I've read in months, maybe years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elements of Programming.

Nick Black Elizabeth wrote: "This is the most exciting this you've read in months? Oh, Nick, really? I mean it looks interesting the most exciting?"

we're clearly two very different people!

Nick Black hehehe i just noticed it's 256 pages. awesome =] SO EXCITED CRAP CRAP CRAP

message 3: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Ott There are great video lectures by Stepanov given in Yandex (but in Russian)

Nick Black i can actually do enough russian to follow along with simplistic technical stuff -- probably *not* stepanov, unless russian has borrowed english words...morei can actually do enough russian to follow along with simplistic technical stuff -- probably *not* stepanov, unless russian has borrowed english words for concepts from abstract algebra and topology.

as i say at http://dank.qemfd.net/dankwiki/index.php... one who finds themselves needing to read russian technical papers can probably handle things easily enough :D.

or put more succinctly, NO MEHUM DIALECT CAN STOP A SUFFICIENTLY CAFFEINATED MATHEMATICIAN!

yandex is one of my most cherished little secrets, btw :D