booklady's Reviews > The Way of a Pilgrim and the Pilgrim Continues His Way

The Way of a Pilgrim and the Pilgrim Continues His Way by Anonymous

Aug 23, 09

bookshelves: 1990s, books-on-books, autobiography, adventure, church-documents, classic, education, hagiography, history, travel, theology, spiritual, religion, 2009
Recommended for: all Christians
Read in August, 2009, read count: twice

I can see why I was so taken with this book the first time I read it. Then it opened doors into prayer which I never knew were possible. Now, years later, it seems less profound but still sweet and full of wonderful little vignettes about the possiblities that a life of constant prayer can offer.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Read this MANY(!) years ago--shortly after my daughters were born. Don't know if it was the book itself, my spiritual immaturity at the time, Grace or a combination of all three, but this was a life-changing experience for me. Although there are not many spiritual mystics, we are all called in Holy Scripture to a life of contemplative prayer. The anonymous pilgrim in this "Way" offers his insights and experiences for our benefit.

God willing, I hope to re-read this soon!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way of a Pilgrim and the Pilgrim Continues His Way.