Natasha's Reviews > Succubus Shadows

Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead

Apr 10, 10

Read in April, 2010

Wow! I've been dying for this book since Succubus Heat. I also want to know whats next with Georgina. Richelle Mead really knows how to write a book. She's one of my favorite authors, and is one of the best emotion portraying writers I've read. She does such a great job creating both a tight plot and wonderful characterization. I read this book in 3 hours last night, and although I LOVED it, I hate that it's over for another year. I just couldn't put it down.

Georgina's struggles are not only believable but also quite moving. I found myself crying along with Georgina many times. Georgina is troubled on two extreme ways.. Her feelings for Seth, when he's due to marry her best friend, while the seriousness theme concentrates on the assault on her mind from an unknown entity that is driving her mad, taking her over and having her consider suicide. It only seems to be happening when she's depressed, and lately Georgina is just that.

Georgina spends a good part of this book trapped in a dream state where she is forced to relive a lot of her past. I was very happy to learn more about Georgina's past. Although most of her past is pretty tragic. Not that she can help being a Succubus and treating people the way she does, but you can tell she truly hates hurting people, and hurts herself more each time she's forced to.
We get a great back story to her past relationships and when she first tired of her role as a succubus. Georgina's life is more complicated than most, and I truly feel sorry for her.

As for her present love life, I find myself torn. I loved Seth for so long, and they really do belong together.. but I find myself loving Roman also. And Roman loves Georgina so much. Besides the fact that he can be with her and not get his life force sucked from his body, he is also immortal. Seth is great, but I don't see what good can come from their time spent together. He's only going to get her physically and them both emotionally. In one way, I'm rooting for them, but then I see the hearts they trampled on to be together and I feel bad.
Maddie was such a great character, and the way she found out was not pretty or kind.
I can yo yo my feelings all day about the couple all day, but I would just end up at square one. *shrugs*.

This series is so amazing, I can't figure out what I want to happen. I get to wrapped up in it that I just want everyone to be happy, but I can't see it happening..yet. The only thing I was disappointed in was the size. I wanted it to be so much longer. I hope book six is.
And speaking of book six, I want it out now! :P
So if you are a fan of this series and haven't read this book yet, you have just got to. It was filled with action, mystery, love and heartbreak. Mead really knows how to write a series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Shadows.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

You have to move this one up to top priority to read, but remember there won't be another one for a while and it is a page turner. I love her books!

Natasha I know, I was just waiting for it to arrive at the store. It came late. :( lol
I think it will be in today though!!!!!

Steven Peterson I really enjoyed this story. Succubus Heat was quite a downer to me, and SS was a nice followup volume and really worked well. Don't know if I can wait for # 6!! What a fine review!