Natasha's Reviews > Dancing with the Devil

Dancing with the Devil by Keri Arthur

Oct 06, 2009

Read in February, 2009

Dancing With The Devil is the first book in Keri Arthur’s Nikki and Michael vampire series from bestselling author of paranormal romance and urban fantasy, Keri Arthur. Dancing With The Devil follows the events in private investigator Nikki James’s life when she unwittingly becomes the target of an evil vampire (Jasper) on killing spree in her home town of Lyndhurst. Which is a place located somewhere I don't know..I'm not even sure if it's a real place. During the investigation she meets Michael and it's not your normal meeting.
Dancing with the devil is written in the first person and the protagonist is both Nikki and Michael.
This is such a great series if your into vampires, mystery and romance. There's 4 editions in the series but I wish there were more. I was disappointed when I found out that there wouldn't be another. It really is a great series though, the characters are easy to get attached to, and I really love Keri Arthur's writing in all her books. I would recommend this for those who haven't read it!

Synopsis:
Private Investigator Nikki James grew up on the tough streets of Lyndhurst and believes there's nothing left to surprise her. All that changes the night she follows teenager Monica Trevgard into the shadows-and becomes a pawn caught in a war between two very different men. One fills her mind with his madness, the other pushes his way into her life-and her heart. Nikki knows how dangerous love can be, but if she wants to survive, she must place her trust in a man who could easily destroy her.

Michael Kelly has come to Lyndhurst determined to end the war between himself and another brother of the night. For 300 years he has existed in life's shadows, gradually learning to control the life from death cravings of a vampire. Nikki not only breaches his formidable barriers with her psychic abilities, but makes Michael believe he may finally have found a woman strong enough to walk by his side and ease the loneliness in his heart. But will his love be enough to protect her from a madman hell-bent on revenge? Or will it drive her into his enemy's deadly trap?

Only together can they overcome the evil threatening to destroy them both. But the secrets they keep from each other might prove to be the greatest threat of all.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing with the Devil.