Lindsey's Reviews > Hawksong

Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Jul 07, 2009

bookshelves: audio-books, clean, fantasy, ladies, romance, teen
Read in July, 2009

I admit now I'm going to butcher the spelling of these names, because I listened to the audiobook, and I'm too lazy to look them up.

Humans can change shape into animals, and the Avians (birds) and the Serpients (snakes) have been at war with each other forever. They go to a neutral party (cats, I think?) to get advice on how to end the war, and it is suggested that the heirs to the royal thrones marry each other. Danica (the future Avian queen) and Zane (the future Serpient king) are willing to consider the idea, but they're unsure whether they can trust each other not to double-cross. Their respective families and advisers are also against it, both sides believing this arrangement puts their monarch in danger. Also, it's not going to be that easy to unite their people.

Short, entertaining read. A good suggestion for teens who liked Twilight, although this one is more fantasy-heavy. There are 6 or so books in this series; I'll read the next one which still focuses on Danica and Zane, but after that the main characters change and I don't know if I'll care enough to keep going.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hawksong.