Kimberly's Reviews > A Salty Piece of Land

A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett

Oct 14, 09

Read in August, 2009

Feeling the need to escape - this was perfect timing to read this summer - when I had my vacation escape... (to New Orleans and Gulf Shores though). Oh, I'd LOVE to escape to a remote island and all the little adventures and new experiences to discover as described in this book!

In some parts, the story was really slow and the 'man perspective' was a little annoying too. But mostly a nice comforting read, gives appreciation for beauty in the simplest of things and the whole fishing as a metaphor for life was kinda cool too.

"The bullshit people heap on one another is more toxic than all the oil refineries in Texas."

"It is the isolation of living by yourself that makes it such an exciting thing when you find another human being who shares your interests."

"There is no reverse on the road of life. You just keep moving forward, and every now & then you try to catch a little neutral."

"You don’t have to go looking for stories. The good ones will come to you."

"We are all survivors of the storm. The trouble with being a survivor is that you find yourself dancing alone a lot. It is a tricky seesaw on which the survivor has to sit. On the one side is your ability to be comfortable in a world inhabited only by yourself. And on the other side is your desire to share your time with others."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Salty Piece of Land.

07/06/2009 page 126