Natalie Wilhelm's Reviews > Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin

Jul 06, 09

Read in December, 2004

Walter and I decided to try a home birth with our first child and this was the book that gave me the comfort and confidence that we and more importantly I could do it!
It gives a great argument for natural child birth, midwives and birthing centers. And discusses why America is nearly alone in the world in it's habit of delivery in hospitals and it's gross overuse of c-sections.
I am no extremist here. When our second attempt at a home birth when south, we delivered our 9 lb. son in a hospital with an epidural. I see the benefits and am grateful for them.
But Walter and I had an unbelievably, unforgettable, beautiful experience at home in Brooklyn with our midwives Karen Jefferson and her midwife Martine Jean-Baptiste.
If you'd like to learn a little history about how women have dealt with the birthing process in the last 200 years, and be surprised about how unnatural delivering babies in a hospital really is... And if you love to read or hear about lots of lovely birthing experiences... or even of you plan to delivery in a hospital, but would loves some effective advice for combatting the discomfort of child birth...
READ THIS BOOK!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.