Zoe's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Nov 10, 10

Read from July 08 to September 01, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

OK, I had high hopes for this book. I thought it was a brilliant idea and would be hilarious. It could have been. Unfortunately, the person who wrote it is obviously not a Janeite, and has the sense of humor of a 12-year-old boy. It would have been far, far more funny had he kept the characters the same but just added zombie-killing into their repertoire. Instead, he turned Elizabeth into a blood-thirsty murderer with anger management problems. See, humor is derived from the juxtaposition of two unlike things--like proper Regency ladies and zombie-killing. These parts of the book were very funny, but most of it wasn't like this, sadly. (I could also have done without all the balls jokes--again, I'm not a 12-year-old boy.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie awesome! this should be our next book group read!! hahaha

message 2: by Zoe (new) - rated it 2 stars

Zoe Cary wants to start a book group just to read Pride and Prejudice and then read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. We may really do it! If you want in, let me know.

Katie I would so totally be there!! i want to read Pride followed by Zombies, so count me in!

Katie you should invite brittany.

message 5: by Zoe (new) - rated it 2 stars

Zoe You mean Brittany McBride?

Katie yes