Nikki's Reviews > The Art of Happiness

The Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama XIV

Jul 09, 09

bookshelves: spiritual-physical-mental-health
Read in July, 2009

I listened to this book on my iPhone and don't plan to ever remove the file for I see many re-listenings in my future. I think I will get something more from it every time.
The ideas in the book are actually quite simple: our most natural desire is to be happy. And, when we're happy, those around us are happier, and everyone makes better decisions and enjoys their lives more. Of course, with all the distractions and negative emotions zooming around this world, it's easy to lose your center and your grip on happiness. In this text, an American psychologist speaks with Dalai Lama and together they offer an understandable description of Buddhism and its principles and how they can be applied to American life. Towards the end of the text, Dalai Lama emphasizes the importance of and need for multiple religions in the world and accents the fact that no one religion is the right religion.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Happiness.

07/07/2009 page 172

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey While I agree that happiness is contagious and is a good way to squelch the negativity around us. I hold fast to the teachings of the Bible. There is one God and only one way to Him, through believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. "I am the way and the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6)

Stacey