Jason's Reviews > Angry Management

Jul 17, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: young-adult
Read in July, 2009

Lame. Chris Crutcher's newest work, a collection of short stories based on characters from his previous works, is just that. An uninspired, hurried book, Angry Management, I predict, will find few teenage fans. These stories are predictable and riddled with stereotypical characters--either they are extremely conservative (and also ignorant), or they are extremely liberal (and being victimized by the conservatives, usually in positions of power). I feel like Crutcher didn't try very hard in writing these three short stories. In fact, I noticed at least four grammatical errors (then/than; your/you're) throughout the book. I didn't feel like much was at stake in these stories, and I found the book easy to put down. Do yourself a favor. If you want a good Crutcher book, read Deadline, Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes, or Ironman. But don't read Angry Management. It might make you angry, just like me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angry Management.

07/15/2009 page 94
07/16/2009 page 157
63.82% "This book is formulaic Crutcher at best. The protagonists are teenagers striking out against bigoted conservative authority figures. :("