Lauren's Reviews > The Snowball Effect

The Snowball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter

Nov 01, 09

Read in October, 2009

I seriously just LOVED The Snowball Effect so much that I feel that there's not a good enough word out there to express just how much I enjoyed it.

I'm not exactly sure why I specifically liked it so much. Since, there was a few flaws to it such as how the story kind of jumped around a lot. Though, by the end all the flaws came together with the perfections and formed a fabulously told story.

One of my favorite parts of The Snowball Effect was how unique yet real it was. I mean who hasn't lost a loved one, let alone three in one year. Yeah, I doubt a lot of you haven't, so that's just one tiny thing among others that teens can relate to with Lainey. Since, The Snowball Effect is basically her story of coming to terms with the lives of her lost ones all while moving on, forming a better life for herself in the process even when she screws it up at times. Plus, I adored Riley simply because he was so sweet and loving towards Lainey even when she was acting like a bitch to him. Oh, and I loved how Vallery, Lainey, and Collin had formed their own little dysfunctional family by the end.

Further more, Holly's writing moved extremely well and she certainly has the talent to form a fantastic story because of her ability of making a sad story hysterically funny at times but moving at others. It just shows what great of author she is and gives you a taste at what’s to come over the upcoming years.

Overall, The Snowball Effect is one of those books that will leave you with a goofy smile on your face at the end, leaving me to highly suggest it to all of you teens (and adults!) out there.

Oh, and because I know there's some Sarah Dessen lovers out there who read this blog, The Snowball Effect actually reminded me of something Sarah would write several times. :)

Grade: A+!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Snowball Effect.

10/30/2009 page 196

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Letter Garden 5 stars! Must be really good! :D

Lauren :) It was. Plus, it won over points with me for reminding me of a Sarah Dessen type book.

Letter Garden You get extra cookies for mentioning Sarah Dessen. I heart her books! ♥♥♥

Lauren lol, same. She's one of my favorite authors ever.

Oksana  *Bookaholic* Nice review! Makes me look forward to reading it! And ditto on the Sarah Dessen thing xD

Lauren Oksana wrote: "Nice review! Makes me look forward to reading it! And ditto on the Sarah Dessen thing xD" Thanks for commenting, Oskana. It's been a few years since I read this one but I still remember really, really enjoying it.

Oksana  *Bookaholic* Nice! Now I'm SURE I'll love it! Thanks for the review! ☺

Stephanie Parent Oh, I liked this one too! I loved how it dealt with so many emotional issues without becoming sentimental, and how the characters' lives aren't romanticized. I definitely think this book should have gotten more attention than it did, and I hope the author writes more soon!

Oksana  *Bookaholic* Yay! Gosh, I'm feeling more and more excited about reading this - hope it doesn't let me down!