Alison's Reviews > Envy

Envy by Anna Godbersen

Jul 06, 09

OK- let me just say.....there is a point in the book (towards the end) where you have a Scarlet moment (it cracked me up)- you will know what I'm talking about when you get to it.

I guess I should get online to see if there is a fourth book coming out (there better be)......I need more closure from the ending than what I got (but wasn't as bad as the second book-in terms of leaving you hanging).

I loved this series mostly because of all the romance/drama and really can you beleive that it doesn't have any of my vampire/goulish characters in it (and I still liked it).

This whole era is just so facinating to me -love the dresses (love the covers of the books) - it almost made me sit here and think how fun it would be to be able to wear one (maybe once). The whole idea of how the "rich society" lived back then.....how a newspaper article/gossip/drama/dress/ and love functioned........(you couldn't pick up the phone to have a conversation)-all good stuff. I could have a book club discussion on these. Anybody? (jk)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Envy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura deLuna the cover dresses are not historically accurate. a more accurate dress would be similar to the ones worn in the movie titanic.