Rosie's Reviews > Lady of Avalon

Lady of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Jul 21, 09

Read in July, 2009

After reading two super depressing books, I was really eager to read Lady of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. This is the book that ties together the stories in The Forest House and Mists of Avalon. I really liked it a lot. This story is broken up into three parts, each telling of the lives of three different High Priestesses of Avalon. I think my favorites were the first and third parts. The first part begins right after The Forest House ends, and the third part is all about Viviane - the Lady in Mists of Avalon - and her upbringing. The second part was kind of slow for me I think because there were too many battle scenes. Another thing that was cool about this book was that there was a lot of mystical pagan stuff in it, which helped to explain why certain rituals were performed and some of the history behind them. I would recommend this book to anyone to has already read any of the Avalon books, or anyone who is way into historical fantasy. I will definitely be reading the rest of the Avalon books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady of Avalon.

07/06/2009 page 60
13.04% "After reading two depressing books, I am loving getting back to Avalon."